Sign in to follow this  
easypops

Polo door Jammed shut.....Help Needed

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a problem with his polo.....3 door R plate.....not sure what mk this is?

First of all the door wouldn't close.....the latch thing in the lock wouldn't engage.......so i gave him a hand to remove it from the car.....not too difficult.....once out of the car it was still hard to see why it didn't engage but there was a loose spring which i'm guessing is broken/out of place......and there seems no way to take it apart any further..

He went to a scrappy yesterday and got another but off a 5 door.....and he wasn't sure of the year?

After fitting this all seemed well......he opened and closed the door a few times and it seemed to be working fine.....he refitted the door card and got in the car....shut the door and you guessed it.......JAMMED shut!

We spent a couple of hours today removing the door card , uncliping the central locking part so that we could get at the mechanics of the lock.

The external door handle does pull the bit on the lock but nothing happens

The internal door handle is connected correctly and moves the right bit on the lock

The door pin bit is also in the right bit.

So if you are still awake after this :D .....the questions are......

Should he have taken the bit that the lock attaches to? ie the small bar on the door frame

Is this bit bigger on a 3 door than a 5 door?

How do you open the door ???

My plan is to get another lock tomorrow and drill/hammer/prise the old lock out ! that is unless there is another way :confused4:

Cheers guys

Martin