Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Which colour option for refurb of WORK split-rims ?

Evening all,

I have a set of these which I am planning on getting refurbed soon, potentially with a view to selling, as it's unlikely I will have something to fit them to after my G60 is finished.

equip_96.jpg

equip_56.jpg

I basically am undecided on which of the two options I have considered for the refurb:

Option 1: Fully high polished inner and outer rims, with new stainless bolts (centre-caps also fully polished OR centre-caps painted in black then polished so just the WORK logo / lettering is detailed in black)

Option 2: Centres powdercoated / sprayed in gloss or metallic (?) black with fully polished outer rims, with new stainless bolts (centre-caps also fully polished OR centre-caps painted in black then polished so just the WORK logo / lettering is detailed in black)

Just looking for some feedback on what people reckon on each option, which might look better etc.

Cheers

Nice rims Struan, I'd go option 2 but not black, far to many black rims about these days :lol: are they 5x100 and what size, width and ET are they and how much!! :norty:

Cheers Bill, they are actually 5x114.3 but I am getting custom 15mm adapters made up to make them 5x100PCD fitment. They are 7 and 8 x 16" in size and ET is around 35/38 IIRC. Will be looking for a fair bit for them if I decide to sell once refurbed as they are no longer made :wink: They are 3-piece WORK Equip split rims.

Am in the process of stripping them downat the moment to be sent away to get refurbed.

I think the best option would be to just ship them straight to me and skip out the middle man [the refurber].

I'd leave it to the buyer as everyone has their own idea of what work with their car best... if you really want to do some work on them so you can make a profit then I guess the best thing you can do is restore them to how they would have looked when new...

Well I guess if someone was wanting to buy them and were willing to pay me a deposit I could have them refurbed to the spec the buyer wanted, but yes probably they would be best refurbed to how they looked when new i.e. fully polished. I was going to have them refurbed so I could put them on a VR6 or other 5x100 car but I am not going down this route now, so instead of having them sitting here doing nowt I thought it would be better to have them refurbed, and sell them on together with adapters.

Cheers