Sign in to follow this  
pyro3911

Reconditioning vr6 Head, New Valves???

Hi,

I am doing a recon on a vr6 head and was going to do all the normal stuff, but was wondering if it is worth replacing the valves and the guides or just the guides. After 100,000m are the valves likly to have worn or just check the tolerences when they come out.

Any help welcome.

Ian

Cheers james,

I need to keep my car on the road as well for work. I know you had a head for sale, is it still available.

Ian

I will have a head for sale pretty soon. The head has been skimmed, crack tested, gas flowed, and had inlet and exhaust port enlarged slightly, and all ports polished. The head has also had new tappets, new brass valve guides, new stem seals and all valves have been re seated etc.

I bought the car recently but the bottom end is going so im going another route and will be selling bits from the VR including the head + loads of other bits including 6 branch etc.

Let me know if your intersted. It will be available for pickup in the Stoke area within the next 3-4 weeks.