Sign in to follow this  
G60MAT

Stereo only works sometimes!

Had my Corrado a year on so, came with a Clarion head unit which I upgraded to a Sony but have the same fault.

It's wired so that the stereo comes on when I turn the ignition on, but it only works about half the time? As if something is not always connecting? After its been off, when it does come back on the sereo has lost all presets.

Must be wiring on the car, not the head unit and don't want the stereo wired to be on all the time.

its sounds like it needs a permenent live and switch live (ignition) most new headunits do

also good idea to check your earth connection

the permenent will keep your presets !

kel

Or you have the live feeds the wrong way round, should be red and yellow wires. They dont have to match colour for colour

just had a similar problem.

i checked the switch live wire with a multimeter and the switch on the ignition barrel had stopped working so i spliced it to another wire coming off the ignition loom that was working with the ignition on, happy days!

you could also change the ignition barrel but seems a bit tedious.

i also noticed that the live live wire running to the fuse box (red with white line) was not leading to the yellow wire on the other side of the connection block so the red went into yellow and the yelloy went into the red.

I have also had the dodgy ignition, i think i have all wires spliced into 1 contact now so dreading when the last 1 goes.