Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Integra DC5

Aint gonna last long if he runs it from cold like that!!

Nice motors though!

Aint gonna last long if he runs it from cold like that!!

Nice motors though!

Its not actually cold though, watch the gauge when he turns the ignition on!

A DC5 is one of a small list of cars that i would sell my C for. I only have a 1.8 16V, but its my pride and joy.

And is it wrong that 80% of my list is Jap :cuckoo:

Not at all. I think the only cars I'd sell the VR for are (within reason)

Impreza P1

Evo 8

Nissan 350Z

R32

or a really mint Nissan 300ZX TT :norty:

My car background is jap, and there is a lovely Mazda 323 GTR on newera's web site. very tempted......shame the corrado is such a great car :D

Not at all. I think the only cars I'd sell the VR for are (within reason)

Impreza P1

Evo 8

Nissan 350Z

R32

or a really mint Nissan 300ZX TT :norty:

trust me don't get the impreza - my last car was in impreza wr1 (the sort of replacement for the p1). they are lovely cars and really good fun, but the understeer is truly horrendous - get an evo out of the two any day. (you can correct the understeer traight by putting lots more power on and flicking it into oversteer, but this is really not recommended for daily driving/public roads! - it's really good fun, but the handling really left me cold at all the wrong moments) i have promised myself i will get an evo when i'm old and minted! however they really are not good for a daily driver unless you have deep pockets... even when driving mine sensibly and conservatively to try and conserve fuel on longer trips, it would just rape the fuel.

and when driving in full "attack mode" you could near enough watch the needle move! - i used nearly a 1/4 of a tank racing my friend for about 12 miles down a very narrow windy b/c road at night - i couldn't believe it! i had to limp it home on the light!

sorry if that's sort of hijacking the thread.

more on topic - i absolutely love the integras; my friend has a dc5 and it is fantastic - i was actually very close to buying one instead of the rado, but they don't have sound deadening and for a daily driver, especially if you do long runs, that can get a little tiresome. i got a lift back to work (approx 100 miles) with my friend a while ago, and while it was really good fun, i thought i wouldn't like to do that every weekend - give me the rado every time - such a good all rounder.

also if you put all the things that come as standard on the 'teg onto a rado (front/rear strut braces - tegs even came with a lower rear strut brace, unsure about lower front. lsd, rear anti-roll-bar etc etc, then the handling of the rado should be getting on for somewhere much nearer that of a teg)

and there's nothing wrong with jap cars either - love them and i would own one in an instant if there was something out there that moved me as much and was as rounded as the rado. (came very close to buying a civic type-r recently, but there are so many of them around, and other than the fact they have air-con, i would rather be driving the C)

anyway, just my 2p :D - feel free to shoot me down/extract the urine as you like!