Sign in to follow this  
matty golf

HELP 9a cutting out

hi all got a 9 a lump in my radoo with usual panel filter kr cams etc recently has had problems off a heavy missfire under load cutting out when being stood in traffic for 5 min weather your holding revs or not and the occasional flat spot on acceleration. so done all the usual changes off dizzy coil lead plugs etc etc to come to the injectors after takin the 4th 1 out i noticed there was no seal on the end of the 4 cyl injector so i changed them all for second hand tested and cleaned 1s all was well yesterday mpg went up from 12-18 to 28-32 so all good miss fire went runnin quick got in today all started fine then got a miss fire and cut out to start back up again then to gain another miss sometimes it will rev through it other times it wouldjust die has plenty of spark but now doesnt really wanna start fuel line to metering head has loads of pressure when loosened off but banjos on top dont seem to have much doesnt smell like its overfueling

please help me get my baby to edition

bit of an update changed the fuel prssure regulator for an old used 1 i found got 40 mpg ran fine for a day then cut out and wouldnt start so put the old 1 back on back to miss fire flat spots an 13 mpg got a new 1 over weekend put that on runs fine but only does 16 mpg and cuts out when sat still for 2 long just dont seem to hold revs up isv has been changed and wouldnt cause a miss fire, when engine does come out it seems to puffout some white smoke from around the air box area i have a brand new metering head to put on if i need to n e 1 had this b 4

any signs of overfueling?

Black exhaust smoke,or sooty spark plugs.

Hopefully the 16valve cavalry will be along soon.

They are probably making their way home from e38.

:)

Hello mate, had issues with my phone at edition. Guess you don't want my metering head?

i smashed my phone on friday mate so had no phone for the weekend.

spark plugs are a little sooty but still get a good spark when it cut out last time and the aa come out it was still sparkin when it should seems to fe fuel related but i dont know