Sign in to follow this  
Kajkagen

"Original" Air Filter

I have just moved to Germany, and put my Corrado VR6 through German TUV.

They didn't think the BMC CDA air filter was such a good idea, and i haven't got any original air filter/housing. So i need to buy an used one here in Germany. :cry:

My question is: What airfilters could I use on the VR6, and buy from the breakers. Golf MK2 filter, Passat filter or what?

Please respond fast, since my temporary numberplates will soon expire. :roll:

Regards

Dennis

What exactly are you after? Do you need the whole original airbox, or just the actual air filter itself?

The filters are pretty cheap from VAG, but the airbox is Corrado-specific and about

the whole original airbox... I just need to use it when the car is checked, afterwards I'm mounting the BMC again :D

I'm not intending to buy a new one, but a cheap one from another car from the "breakers". Thats why I need to know what types of VW cars I can use the airfilter from - cause I guess the original corrado one will be hard to find within the next two days, and very expensive to buy.

Regards

Dennis

The airbox is Corrado only, but you may be able to find one from a Mk3 VR6 Golf or Passat that will fit.