Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

Urgent help needed, vr6 hesitating not fueling?

Just need some guidance where to look. About 4 hours from home my car started to just lose power, the revs would drop right down slowing the car rapidly. It feels like its not getting any fuel, but its nearly a full tank. You just have to dip the clutch and wildly pump the throttle and it'll spring back into life. Starts fine, idles fine, but just when you need the power to pull out of a junction it won't go. I'm guessing a senor of some sort. She had a new water pump fitted earlier in the week so i'm guessing the maf came out to make room. But would a faulty maf cause this?

She needs to get me to edition this weekend and i'm too scared to drive her if she's gonna keep losing power all the time. Its totally sporadic as well, can run fine for ten mins then suddenly it'll throw a wobbly.

:help:

Thanks for all the replies. It was the lambda sensor. Can't get another one in time for edition38 so should be a fun drive.