Sign in to follow this  
speedysmartypants

piston clearances?

i just rang stealth to arrange an engine rebore and he said the guy that does it like to have the pistons and mearsures each one individually. i cant take my car off the road untill everything thing is ready to back in. he said if i find out the piston clearances he can do it that way. vince wasnt sure as he always just gives the bloke the pistons at same time. can anyone help and tell me what the clearances are please? thank you as always

the ones out of my corrado vr6. i know they're standard 82mm but don't know if they're mahl or there was another make i believe vw used. cant remember the other make. will there be a difference then?

If your putting standard size pistons in regardless of make then all you will be doing is having a rehone of the bores not a rebore as usually thats to increase the diameter to fit oversized pistons to increase engine capacity.

Fair play i understand that but there was no mention of a Golf in there and your sig is corrado as is your Avatar.

Cant help anymore then dude