Sign in to follow this  
dragon green

G60 Brakes

After 85 000 miles on my tarox discs and pads in my valver, its come time to replace them.

I have been offered some G60 front brakes ,will i notice a difference in stopping ?

or is it just brake fade ? or should i stay with my 256mm discs ?

You need to get the 280mm calipers as well of course.

My first 2.0 16v used to have standard brakes fitted and yes I did find that if you did have to firmly jump on the brakes you would experience fade. I've had to do some full on stops with the 280's on my current valver and they're DEFINATELY better.. you just don't get the fade and they will haul you down to a stop quite quickly.

I'd reccommend the upgrade.

Fit goodridge hoses while you're at it too.

If you have a post 1991 (I think) valver then calipers off a later G60 or a VR6 will be a straight swap, if you have an earlier car, then just early G60 calipers will go straight on. Otherwise you have to change a section of pipe, and the flexi pipes are a slightly different legnth.

Good swap, I fitted them to my valver and have been pretty pleased with them. Fitted plain Brembo disks from GSF and EBC greenstuff pads. Not really into drilled/grooved disks, as it's just a road car, but would definitely look at uprated pads.