Sign in to follow this  
fla

bridging connectors on cooling fan

Can anyone tell me which connectors on the main loom to the fans control speeds 1&2 for a VR? I have mine connected just to speed 1 and they stopped workig in the middle of a traffic jam, sending the oil quickly up to 120C. Actually not too bad, as i've got a mocal, but it goes to show the effect the mocal has in keeping temps under control. Water only went up to 100C too. I've got 2 11" spals on the rad, perhaps they were drawing too much current for the speed 1 wiring. Might therefore be better to link it to the speed 2 wiring as well.

btw, which is the fuse for the fan? dont have access to bentley at the moment. Many thanks.

can't help on the main details of your post, but perhaps it would be an idea to have a separate pair of relays for your fans power supply and use the existing feeds as just the switching?

Bridging should be ok now just hada look at the connector. Prob is this - the fans do not come on, although the fuse is ok and the connectors are also fine. I'll power them directly this evening although i dont think there will be a prob there. Where esle could the problem be?

The gound connector had worked loose - simpling replaced and recrimped. I've also put a jumper across speeds 1 & 2 so there is more utilisation of cabling, just in case the speed 1 part of the sensor fails. I'll try and post some pics this evenig if anyone is interested. Fans come on and off very nicely now.