Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

oil temp on MFA with 20vt

i have a 20vt running DTA management in my early spec g60 corrado and it doesnt have plumbing for the oil temp gauge on the MFA. i love my oil temp gauge on my other cars so i wanna plumb one in.

my question is does the oil temp readout run through the ECU on a standard car at all or does it go straight to the clocks? if so which pins would i attach the oil temp sensor to to get the readout?

thanks in advance.

Is it possible to switch from the oil temp sensor your using now with the original 1 that came from your original engine as im sure it does not go through the ECU, have you seen the sump plug oil temp sensors?

the oil temp sender would have been attached to your original loom.

Are you still using your old clocks?

If the loom (or more importantly the sender wire) is still under the bonnet then you will have to find somewhere to fit the oil temp sender as they dont have provision for it on the 20vt for some daft reason, you might be able to get a sandwich plate for the oil filter housing to T in a sender.

i must be able to get a t peice to put the sensor in. dunno why the 20vt dont have it. ill find a way of getting one there. and yes im using the original clocks ill look for the wire for it. or even in the dash ill wire it in to the clocks, just wanted to know if it went thru the ecu but apparently it doesnt so i can buy a sensor now to get it in! ill either get a t peice, or maybe use the oil cooler from a corrado etc.

just an update so you know i fitted the g60 split and sensor and wired it to the fusebox green and black wire on the engine loom plug and it works yay!!! so now its all oem feeling now. woop.

hi there ive got a 20v in my 2.0 16v and i was woundering about the oil temp what do i have to do plum it in im not sure what part i need to get thanks

you can use a g60 oil feed line adaptor, it allows you to run 2 senders on 1 hole, ive done it for mine

and an oil temp sensor, wire the green/black to it

the 20v has a blank on the oil filter housing where you can fit the g60 oil temp sender.

the sender is wired straight into the clocks, not to the ecu.

no adaptors needed