Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

Car battery

Ive just purchased my first rado and it needs a new battery!

so ive been to motosave and they said the cheapest is 74.99 i instantly said feck that! i couldnt believe it!

is this the correct price im expecting to pay or can i get a cheap one i argued with him and said i could

car is a 1.8 16v 1990

thanks luke

Ive got a VR6 and I think halfords wanted £90 for the cheapest one. I went to Partco and got one for £45, the cranking power wasn't as high but starts on the button. I don't drive my car much, once a week maybe, keep a trickle charger on it and it never goes flat.

yeah batteries have got expensive. i got a bosch silver top for my vr from my local shop for £110. a year ago when my lil bro worked at halfords he used his trade card to get me a cheap bat for my golf mk3 1.4 and it only cost £25. befriend someone that works at halfords is your best bet.

where are you based mate? try your local A1 Motorstore, we sell em for about £70 ish and we do price match, we sell Moura which is a 4 year guarentee :) bosch silvertops are good but expensive lol

get your arse to scarborough and come see me lol, we keep em in at £69-99 but can matcvh the gsf £56 price so thats 4 year guarentee(sp?) lol :) BUT im out of stock till wednesday - which doesnt really help you right now lol

Battery prices have gone through the roof, something about the demand for lead, I was told

Yeah, it's exactly that. The lead mines are running out and as all the plates inside a battery are made from lead, the consequent price of batteries has gone up.

And pencils :nuts: (joke).

They can still be had cheap though, I got a battery from a local shop for £55, pretty much same CCA and power as the old one and has a 3 year guarantee.

GSF also sell the bosch silvers. About the ~£50 mark should be right for a good battery.

But are you sure the old one is dead? That's the first thing to check. It's actually pretty hard to kill a battery, it's a very very simple device. As long as the cells are not sulphated up, and they have sufficient acid concentration, then it can be restored.

got one today at champion motor spares for 50 quid biggest most powerfull one they give me 4 options 1 expensive wi 4 year garuntee and oen cheap wi 2 year garuntee ( less powerful) and then ore powerful ones 2 and 4 year garuntees wi according prices

Battery prices have gone through the roof, something about the demand for lead, I was told

Yeah, it's exactly that. The lead mines are running out and as all the plates inside a battery are made from lead, the consequent price of batteries has gone up.

And pencils :nuts: (joke).

I wonder how much to change the batteries on a Prius?