Sign in to follow this  
foster

BBS Rm's Outers

Hi

I just bought some rm's but am driving myself nuts trying to figure out what width outers to get.

Im looking at these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2759.l1259 but worry that they may be too wide.

As far as I can tell the wheels are 6.5 inch wide with 1 inch lips making them 7.5 inch wide?

So the 2.5 inch dishes im looking at would make them 9 inch wide?

The offsets et33 so what would they end up being?

Ta.

If they are standard VW stamped RM`s they will be 6.5J wide, on standard ones the lip is only .5, so the rear barrel part is 6j

I widened a set of RM`s last year with 1.5 and 2" outer rims making them 7.5j and 8j for my mk1 golf, i also tried the rims on my corrado and................it looked shoite!!!! they look to small for the car and were not wide enough to fill the arches, if i was doing a set for my corrado i would go 3" outers making them 9`s

technically your not really changing the et or offset as the centre hub stays the in the same place in relation to the rear of the rim, but by widening them with bigger outer lips you do change it, if your measuring the distance in the "normal" way et would be measured

I worked out mine were about et 18 (8j) and 25 for the 7.5j, i have pictures if it helps any, i also have a photographic guide i did when i did mine including all the tools you need and the best place i found to get rims from, and it was not justmatz!!! far too expensive!

Hi

I just bought some rm's but am driving myself nuts trying to figure out what width outers to get.

Im looking at these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2759.l1259 but worry that they may be too wide.

As far as I can tell the wheels are 6.5 inch wide with 1 inch lips making them 7.5 inch wide?

So the 2.5 inch dishes im looking at would make them 9 inch wide?

The offsets et33 so what would they end up being?

Ta.

i re-did my bbs rm's a couple of months back, 2'' lips for the fronts (8's) and 2.5'' lips for the back (8.5's). reason i didnt go for the 3'' lips was because they look a little too much. if you go for 2.5'' or 3'' lips on the back and intend to slam the car you will need to roll the rear arches. my c is in 4x4 mode till i get mine done so i dont damage the tyres anymore.

as for price i bought all mine new as a package for germany (stainless steel lips not alloy ones, 120 chrome bolts, s/s valves, sealant) with shipping it came to about £450. cant find the seller on ebay now though.