BiGMOTHER

Can anyone Name the Alloy wheel

Hi all finally been bit by the rado bug :D bought an accident damaged G plate (sorted used front bumper & drivers light set) 6 months T&T in May but my Golf MkII had to go to stop the aggro of the wife :( . It has 1 of the original alloys in the boot can anyone id it pls.

Seem to remember them on late Sirocco's GT 2's I think. Made by MSW type 1901 A D cast on the rim looks like they could be directional cos theres a rotation arrow cast into rim. Looks like there should be a centre cap held on with allen key

Anybody got some kicking around they'd look great diamond cut

As far as I know those wheels were never fitted to a Rado and the spare should be a space saver. As to what they are I have no idea!

Nick

Cheers for the quick reply it definitely had an alloy spare cos its got the humped carpet in the boot

these option codes in the boot refer to the alloy wheels

C0J

H1R

1G3 = Alloy spare wheel with original equipment tires

Got the car untouched apart from different set of alloys fitted 4 years ago an a drilled airbox which I did. The car seems to be a bit odd, no electric windows, no tilt steering, FF alarm/ remote opener (def. FF date stamps 9/89 are the same as on the car 5-8 month 89 marked on inside of dash)

Aye....the early cars with the 12 gallon tank will have a full sized spare wheel. (and a humped boot carpet)

Later spec 15 gallon tanked cars will have a spacesaver.

As far as I know those wheels were never fitted to a Rado and the spare should be a space saver. As to what they are I have no idea!

Nick

Dunno what those wheels are? Definately NOT a VW made alloy, and dare i say a bit Marmite imo, as for the space saver/full size wheel all the early cars had full size spare wheels upto the change over on later H/j plate cars

Looks the same apart from a diamond cut an respray so I'll probably hav a mare trying to find some more then dunno weather to keep it stock cos its untouched apart from the alloys an some induction mods that I did the same on my Golf (Gas flowed TB, mandrel bend intake tube, drilled air box K+N) or start fiddling :?

Aye....the early cars with the 12 gallon tank will have a full sized spare wheel. (and a humped boot carpet)

Later spec 15 gallon tanked cars will have a spacesaver.

you can get both full size and space saver with the 12 gal tank full size spare were standard some years and options others ,i have a 90 16v with a spacesaver and my mate had a 90 G60 with a 5th bbs alloy i think the alloy would always have been and extra

Rob

mines a "mk1" pre face lift June 1991 H and it has a full size spare wheel?????????????????? hand built cars eh!!!!

Them Thare Bubble-car wheels were only available up to 14" too IIRC (probably wrong tho) so too small for the rado!

Big-mother we need picks!

Sounds like an "excercise" model, with manual everything... Any sunroof?

Them Thare Bubble-car wheels were only available up to 14" too IIRC (probably wrong tho) so too small for the rado!

Big-mother we need picks!

Sounds like an "excercise" model, with manual everything... Any sunroof?

Yep sunroof in & its working after tweaking the passenger side roller arm I'll get some Pics on soon, on permanent Nightshift 60hr weeks so dont get much time for playing wi the rado at the mo :( . Thanks for the response so far still trying to track down some more of the same alloy but after this long most would av been weighed in as scrap