Sign in to follow this  
doracor

VR6 - No iginition on plug 3 and 4 - any advice?

So I was driving around normally, engine was warm, then endined revv'ing up a bit in 1st and 2nd gear a couple times when suddenly as I was crusing the engine started to loose power and sound like a tractor. Hopefully I was just about to arrive home. I let the engine cool down then check the spark plugs, nothing worse than usual, I clena them a bit, start the engine, same thing... no power sounds awful.

I leave the card for the night morning after it starts normally, it drives normally for 100 meters then same thing. I have to go away for the weekend so no time to look at it. The following week I start it and all is smooth, engine runs fine for a couple days then again same crap happens! I decide the change all the spark plugs and it doesn't do anything.

I eventually decided to unplug the ignition cables from the ignition coil one by one and found that when plug 3 or plug 4 are disconnected the engine doesn't get worse. So basically no electricity is sent to these plugs!

Anyone with an idea to what the common denominator is? may be the connector on top of the ignition coil or may be the Camshaft Position Sensor and/or its connector?

Any suggestion welcomed.

I would say its either 2 duff leads (highly unlikely) or that you have a duff coilpack, I think that the coilpack has three coils inside it each serving 2 cylinders. Could be one of those down? Try swapping leads with a known good one to eliminate the leads.