Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Just picked up a moonroof for

Ive got a Mk3 in my driveway so that will cost me nothing :lol: ,i know the Mk3 is not the best candidate but a quick measurement suggests it will fit with a bit of trickery

Yup, spent an afternoon at a local scrappy. The panals on the vento, mk1 toledo, goof mk3 and passat have the same size panals. I only tok the one out of the pissrat, though am going to go back next week to canabalise the rest to see what the internals look like :clap:

Ive got a Mk3 in my driveway so that will cost me nothing :lol: ,i know the Mk3 is not the best candidate but a quick measurement suggests it will fit with a bit of trickery

The mechanism fits, although I needed to put some packing between the roof and the panel on the front 4 bolts, but the glass from a passat is a better fit(it's still a bit poo though)

Was the passat an estate or saloon? How about the Toledo? They are the same as passats...

The passat was an estate. Am going to ge the toledo one next week if its still there. Anyone any idea about the vento?

t

But it will work. I have been through 4 roofs now. Each one I get working for about a month then the guids snap. Guess that is the only problem with 2nd hand.

And will be a bit different :clap:

Well there is a lesson to be learned here. Check the bloody thing before you remove it from the car,,,,,,,,,,,,

It tilts ok and I have got it almost spot on by packing the front out and adjusting the bolts on the panal. Only took and hour and a half to swop them over. But it wont slide. Will have to take it apart and regrease everything. I can do it manually but it is just too much for it with the motor. And one of the little metal things that engages when you put it into slide jams up.

Oh well. Might see if I can get the vento one to fit.

Tilt it and you can see the metal clip things, on the backs of these are rubber rings, the one that is sticking will have a flat spot, try rotating it so the back of the clip is higher up and then try sliding again.

Any issues, msn me or something.

Tilt it and you can see the metal clip things, on the backs of these are rubber rings, the one that is sticking will have a flat spot, try rotating it so the back of the clip is higher up and then try sliding again.

Any issues, msn me or something.

See thats why I love this place. Will give it a go tommorow fella. Would be easier than taking more roofs out of cars :eek: