Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Is part no. same / compatible for all spoiler controllers ?

Hey all,

Can someone please check if the part numbers for a 1992 G60 spoiler controller are the same as those from both 2.0L 16V and VR6 rados ? Or does anyone know if they are compatible ?

Cheers

There are two different style connectors mate, early and late style.

Then there are two more different modules that operate in km/h instead of mph.

My 92 G60 has the later one...Same as vr6 and 2.0 16v.

Mph Up to M chassis = 535 919 845B

Mph after M chassis = 535 919 845C

Kph up to M chassis = 535 919 845

Kph after M chassis = 535 919 845D

Neil. :)

Cheers Riley, so I take it the part number of your one / the one you have fitted is 535 919 845B (or Mph Up to M chassis) ?

Also I take it mine being on a 1992 J plate, I would need a late-style connector one and would it make any difference if if fitted one that worked in KPH instead of MPH ?

I guess that if you fitted one that worked in KPH, it would go up at 30mph as it would read the "50" value and 50mph = ~30kmh and it would come down at 10mph as it would read the "15" value and 15mph = ~10kmh.... hope that makes sense!

If the part you're after is the "Heckspoilersteuerung", I have one from a K reg 16v that is just gathering dust... Part number is 535 919 845A :scratch: It has a 10-pin (2 x 5) connector on the back with 2 lugs on one side.

Jon.

The Kph ones raise the spoiler at a higher speed i think, the Vr6's across the pond raise at 60/70 mph iirc?

It will work something like Boostmonkey suggests anyway, just alter the activation speed.

And yep RE:Your pm, , to confuse things...I have just had a look at the module on my late 91 valver and it is indeed 535 919 845A same as my late 92 G60 :cuckoo: See pics.

Im wondering if they got the late style module a little earlier than i first thought :? Or the module that actually has two plugs is the later one rather than what i thought was the early one.

I have had both kinds (the single plug type and double plug type) but only have the single plug types now.

Neil.

corradospoilerrelay.jpg

corradospoilerrelay1.jpg