Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Alarming Alarm!

Can anyone help me with this?

I've done a few searches but had no luck; My Toad alarm (the orginal at a guess) intermittently fails to arm and bleeps three times indicating that there's a door open. I've checked the door and bonnet sensors but this makes no difference and i've not actually worked out how the boot sensor works, does it use the lock as the circuit?

What i can't work out is why sometimes it arms fine, then the alarm will go off sometime afterwards? I'm going to check the circuits and earthing points but has anyone else had this problem or anything similar?

I can't believe how frustrating it is having to lock my car using the key!

Much of what you need to know is in the Toad installation guide. I presume its the Ai606. Try this link. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/betyouaint/Ai606_Install.pdf

If that works, search for the PDF on the internet. It really isnt very difficult to work through. Using that guide you can isolate individual sensors and circuits and also identify which circuit is responsible for the fault condition.

My toad Ai606 used to do this as well......turned out the bonnet switch wasn't getting depressed enough......although sometimes it would be ok?.......solved by superglueing 2x5p coins onto the top of the plunger/switch......sounds dodgy but that was probably a year ago and no problems since :clap:

Cheers guys, i'm planning on having a poke around it this weekend. I remember the bonnet switch playing up a bit before, and it needed a bit of a clean, after which all seemed fine. I've tried testing the switch by pressing it fully down with the bonnet open but the alarm still beeps three times so more investigation is needed.