Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

project

picked up another raddo valver at auction the other week for not much more than scrap value.

brought it with suposidly no mot, tax, history and shot brakes

came with vr interior, spax adjustable 60-40 lowering kit, kahn replica 17s, full stanless system, k+n pannel filter, new sony hu and infinity speakers allround

one looking through the car found a mot cetificate untill jan 09, and tax disk untill october 09 and the service book with loads of history result.

after changing brake fuid as it was filthy and brakes bled brakes were working

quick few pics of how it looked when i got it

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

had the day of today so set about de barrying it so went and got new wipers and got rid of the poopty stickers and chrome 16v badges

also tcut it, even though i think it needs to be mopped as bonnet and roof still faded, but ran out of g10 and g30 cutting compounds

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

virtully mint condition late vr interior

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

genuine 97k on the clocks so very low milage for the age

DSC00115.jpg

this weekends jobs are to respray the bumpers and rear pannel below tailgate, fit a new vw badge on the back and either spray wheels black or fit my h+r coils and kerchers

cleanish engine bay with 50mm inlet mani

not bad for £300

Sounds like a real bargin, and looking much better already.

One thing I can't understand is surely tax discs till October 2009 arent issued till next month?

Nice one mate a right steal :clap: can i be cheeky and ask if u want to sell those cones for the strut brace thats missing pal , il get my mate to make me the middle piece :wave:

oops meant 2008 with the tax

strut brace is only off for the mo as had it off to change the brake fluid, will be back on the car this weekend soz

Looks nice mate, good find!

Is that interior really late VR? I thought all late interiors didn't have the armrest but just a flat base :scratch:

strut brace is only off for the mo as had it off to change the brake fluid, will be back on the car this weekend soz

Had to ask mate lol

Looks nice mate, good find!

Is that interior really late VR? I thought all late interiors didn't have the armrest but just a flat base :scratch:

Its same interior that was in mine 95 VR

Still a good find buddy a couple of weeks to drive around and work out the probs, then tax it again and you should have any issues ironed ou by next MOT 8) Definatley looks like a good project for not alot of pennies :cheers:

ye was happy with it, feels a bit boaty compared to my old c but once the h+rs are on that should sort that out

mechanicly wise its sound, only thing i can see going is the tank pump as its starting to buz slightly on start up

as for the interior iirc its the late valvers that have the flat base rear seat

plan for this is to get it looking as mint as poss and sell it in a few weeks as off 2 work in france for 5 months and want a vr for my daily when i get back.

few pics of old and new

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

kerchers now fitted

there 16x9s running 205/40/16 and suprisingly arnt rubbing atall on the front

just waiting for the new topmounts to arrive so can fit the coils to sort the stance out

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

once the coils are on im looking at fitting some 10mm spacers and camber shims to bring the wheel out more slightly as they seem more tucked than the fronts