Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Audioscape amp-rack installation

Hey all,

For those that have Audioscape amp-racks installed in their rado's, how does it actually get fixed into the RHS of the boot ? I can't see any fixings on the pic of the one I have just purchased. I have done a search on here for info but no details exist.

Cheers.

Funny you should mention this, I've had mine for years now and still haven't gotten round to actually fitting the damned thing in :lol:

The suggested method is to use a bracket of some sort to hold the bottom of the amp rack in, then 4 or 5 long self-tapping screws through the top of the parcel shelf supports (the thin strip that the parcel shelf itself actually sits on.

I'm currently thinking that I'll get a long strip of velcro for the bottom. One side of the velcro gets stuck to the metalwork on the back edge of the boot behind the amp and the other half gets stapled to the back of the amp-rack. That should be strong enough to hold the bottom in place.

I'm not a big fan of wopping the self tappers through, so still trying to work out another plan for the top. The other option could be to put a load of velcro on the back of the amp itself and see if that works...?

I've seen other ones mounted with the 4 aforementioned self tappers through the parcel shelf support and then a metal ribbon with holes in attached to the bottom/back corner. That's then screwed into the rear of the boot metalwork.

As there aren't any instructions from Audioscape, I'd imagine they're all installed in different ways, so go with whatever seems to work...