Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Anyone been on the Club GTI FORUM Before???

Some of it is hilarious- they have one one guy asking whats the best way to do an oil change on a 16valve Golf :lol: (didnt realise there was more than one way :twisted: )

And another dood asking how long his leaking head gasket will last :lol: (didnt realise God supported that forum!!)

They also have another chap saying that all BBS split are sh*te!

Interesting people!- Go have a look you wont be dissapointed - i think some of them are a few cans short of a six pack!

I agree with you there, not much 'technical' related topics normally, but a lot of old tosh. A lot of people that have no clue about their cars...

That's why I don't look at it that often, but when I do there are about 30 pages of 'active topics' to trawl through.

Thank goodness this forum has not gone down that road....... :lol:

John.

It's not too bad a forum - I feel sorry for the real enthusiasts who seem to have it ruined by the endless childish bickering etc of some.

And if you think this forum is quite strict, the CGTI forum does not allow any form of advertising - at one point the auto-filter was set to remove any mention of an ebay link. (This isn't to do with the moderators (Hi Amy wave.gif hehe), but is just rules set out by the people running CGTI - guess they have their reasons though.)

CGTI is super strict, not as good as it used to be, a few nuggets of gold in all the shite, and there is some very knowledgable peeps on there!

Alan

I don't understand why all the VAG clubs and forums have started vendettas against each other. We all drive the same cars don't we? (Manufacture, not model!).

It wasn't like this when I was young!

It's not too bad a forum - I feel sorry for the real enthusiasts who seem to have it ruined by the endless childish bickering etc of some.

And if you think this forum is quite strict, the CGTI forum does not allow any form of advertising - at one point the auto-filter was set to remove any mention of an ebay link. (This isn't to do with the moderators (Hi Amy wave.gif hehe), but is just rules set out by the people running CGTI - guess they have their reasons though.)

:p the rules are set by the committee not the mods or admins :wink:

i think the problem with the forum is the age of some of the users, some arent even old enough to drive :shock:

and as Al says above there are still a few nuggets of gold on there :)

I posted on there yesterday when someone said that all BBS split rims were "sh*te and horrible" and suggested that it was may be a little silly to slate a particular brand (other than Tsw as they are crap!) or style or wheel as it was surley down to personal taste.

One of their memebers then instructed me to to go and do indescent things to a donkey!!??? Not sure how that works!

I was going to ask him who had spat in his testube but didnt really want to stoop his level....