Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Look at this !

One of the first Corrados I remember seeing was a VR6 Twin turbo... :shock: A local guy built it and, BOY, was it quick....

....until it blew up... :roll: :lol:

That one looks lovely and looks like it's been done properly rather than just having Turbos bodged on to the back of the engine like the one I saw had! :? :lol:

Nice... 8)

The info on the car claimed about 565 ps ( similar to BHP ask someone more tech minded) i recall and 200 mph

The info on the car claimed about 565 ps ( similar to BHP ask someone more tech minded) i recall and 200 mph

just guesstimating here btw.......but 565PS would work out to just over 500BHP but under 565PS...........1PS is just under 1BHP

wooooowwwww what a nice motor must of cost a fortune!

a mat eof mine had a mk2 golf gti engiine turbo'ed and rebuilt with quattro pistons, all top performance parts etc and that cost him just over 5k and that was fooking well quick!!!! ithink that was on 45o bhp which suggest a vr6 could and should get more if built like my mates one and before you lot say it yes he did get it dyno'ed and proven

Id love to have a go in that!!! dont corrados come with traction control cos me mates mk2 would spin in forth usually!!!! :twisted: which would help with that i reckon :?

wooooowwwww what a nice motor must of cost a fortune!

a mat eof mine had a mk2 golf gti engiine turbo'ed and rebuilt with quattro pistons, all top performance parts etc and that cost him just over 5k and that was fooking well quick!!!! ithink that was on 45o bhp which suggest a vr6 could and should get more if built like my mates one and before you lot say it yes he did get it dyno'ed and proven

Id love to have a go in that!!! dont corrados come with traction control cos me mates mk2 would spin in forth usually!!!! :twisted: which would help with that i reckon :?

450bhp from an 8V GTI engine? Sounds a lot. I take it it was taken out to 2.0, cross flow head, etc? What about the gearbox? There's no way an 8V 020 can take 450 brake.

The Corrado's traction control is very basic and only works below 30mph. Most people don't even feel it working unless icy. To take the edge off 450+ bhp, you would need a standalone ABS traction control box from Racelogic.

Kev