Sign in to follow this  
Adz The Rat

MOT Day Today!!!

My tax was due to run out today but couldnt find my MOT certificate to tax it so went on VOSA website to check it and oops the MOT ran out last Friday.

So got it done at work this morning, wasnt nervous as I keep on top of the car (I work at a garage / MOT centre) so knew it was in good order.

All that came up on the test was front ball joints (I knew about these as I have 2 new ones ready to fit) and the emissions are a bit high. Im guessing that is somethin to do with the FSE boost valve thing making it overfuel, probably could do with a proper setup on rolling road.

So a good result really, glad nothing serious was wrong cos cant afford to be buying Corrado bits at the minute!!!

Bugger, what did yours need?

Brake pipes & hoses & the headlight levelling sorted. I never had it adjusted after dropping the suspension! No wonder my lights seemed even worse than usual! Pretty sure I paid over the odds, but the originally wanted to charge me £500! My haggling skills seemed to pay off for once!

I tend to keep on top of most of the other jobs needing doing, but brakesa are just something I do not trust myself to touch!! :)

I forgot about mine too, just happened to have a look the day before it ran out and thought bugger,anyway got it in the next day (2 weeks ago) went straight through, not even an advise.....the m.o.t inspector said "thats in unbelievable condition ! carry on looking after it like that and it will last you and me out !"

Always a nice feeling walking away with a new ticket.

Forgot to add, I missed my MOT expiry by 2 weeks! I was actually tipped off by a copper who ran a check on my car! There had been a break in out the back of my flat & some idiot (me in a rush) had forgotten to close the door properly! He wanted to track me down to see if the raddo had been broken into. Turns out it hadn't been broken into after all & he advised me to check my MOT docs! How lucky was that on both counts! :)

Mine's due next week....but the Morris passed with flying colours (mostly because it's exempt from half of the crtieria). :)