Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

MKVI Gti

I dont get it, looks ok but only 208bhp? Theres already been 230bhp versions of that engine with the pirrelli and edition 30 gti's, even the leon cupra comes with the 230bhp version.

Looks like a stretched (upward) Scirocco! And why only 208? Why don't they just do a 250? :roll:

Emmisions?? :shrug:

more like fuel economy, it's quite a bit better than the previous car and this will be a relatively big seller so needs to do it's share for VW's product range average emissions as well as keeping it in as low a taxation band as possible.

Emmisions?? :shrug:

more like fuel economy, it's quite a bit better than the previous car and this will be a relatively big seller so needs to do it's share for VW's product range average emissions as well as keeping it in as low a taxation band as possible.

...and a bigger powered engine would mean it'd be competing against the likes of the Cupra, which I'm guessing VW don't want to do!

you're a girl what do you know!

Sorry...

[puts girly hat on]The white one is nice[/takes girly hat off]

Get a feeling this will be like the Mk3GTi... not exactly a "cooking" version.... I'm liking the rumoured bi-turbo 1.4 Ibiza Cupra R though, quick and low emissions/tax!

Lisa babes just joshing with ya! x

I dont get it, looks ok but only 208bhp? Theres already been 230bhp versions of that engine with the pirrelli and edition 30 gti's, even the leon cupra comes with the 230bhp version.

More power doesnt make a better car :wink:

This is a golf not a Lambo is 208 tunable to 300 not enough :D

See you're just going to kick off the "300bhp/FWD" debate again! :lol:

Lisa - I know you were! :nuts: :p :salute:

More power doesnt make a better car :wink:

Im just of the opinion that each mk of golf should evolve to be faster than the last, without having to resort to tuning.

Im just of the opinion that each mk of golf should evolve to be faster than the last, without having to resort to tuning.

Exactly it is powerful enough already for the type of car it is.

Plus it will be faster with 208bhp and handle better thanks to the new chassis

Needs to get lighter if anything! :D

Exactly it is powerful enough already for the type of car it is.

Plus it will be faster with 208bhp and handle better thanks to the new chassis

Needs to get lighter if anything! :D

Thought they were using the MK5 chassis :confused4:

My understaning is that although it's a "Mk6" it's really a re-frocked Mk5 too!

I guess VW are leaving the "Mad car" days behind (or giving Seat a chance) and hitting dead middle of the road?

They are I just meant this should improve things further:

"A fully revised suspension setup was designed featuring lower, stiffer springs and dampers, and thicker anti-roll bars. Adding further chassis rigidity is Volkswagen's Adaptive Chassis Control (ACC), a first for the Golf. The ACC allows for the adjustment of damper ratings while on the fly with three modes: Comfort, Normal, and Sport. Steering and throttle responses are also remapped to be sharper for performance driving situations. Giving more grip to the GTI concept's four wheels is an electronic limited-slip differential (XDS) with Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)."

Matt :)

They are I just meant this should improve things further:

"A fully revised suspension setup was designed featuring lower, stiffer springs and dampers, and thicker anti-roll bars. Adding further chassis rigidity is Volkswagen's Adaptive Chassis Control (ACC), a first for the Golf. The ACC allows for the adjustment of damper ratings while on the fly with three modes: Comfort, Normal, and Sport. Steering and throttle responses are also remapped to be sharper for performance driving situations. Giving more grip to the GTI concept's four wheels is an electronic limited-slip differential (XDS) with Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)."

Matt :)

Ahh, right, well you should have said what you meant and not try and confuse us old boys :lol:

Its obvious this is just a refrocked Mk5 but Im sure I read somewhere that the Mk5 was quite costly to produce so they have probably looked at different ways to manufacture and thus reduce costs. A tweak here and there and along the way and they have there Mk6. VW at the end of the day are in the buisness to make money and not purely to keep us happy.

They will still sell, there a good car after all, and if they cost less to produce yet still sell about the same then there making more profit. More profit means hopefully more development money which in turn hopefully means more niche or better products. If thats the case im all for it however with the cost of metals etc skyrocketing over the last few years i think they needed to do this to turn out the same profit.

Still prefer the Rocco.

Mk6 Golf is 17% cheaper to produce than the MK5 whilst interior quality has improved. Volkswagen Group now have a new platform strategy that will see a platform lasting for two model cycles without major changes - shortening development time / costs, shortening model lifespans and helping to keep them in profit.

Frightening to consider that the MK5 Golf takes nearly 80% longer to produce than an equivalent Focus

Frightening to consider that the MK5 Golf takes nearly 80% longer to produce than an equivalent Focus

No way that is interesting :salute:

You could argue it was 10% better but still.......