Sign in to follow this  
dj_dubbin

newbie with g60 boost problems

after my rado 16vt whent up in smoke i decided to get a g60 reading all the paperwork and talking to the bloke who owned it and it has had stage4charger done by jabbasport,chip+68mm pulley,rsr outlet kit,full miltek sytem including de-cat,boost return bypass but it has been done by blanling off the charger small oil breather on the isv valve and along pipe fro the rocker cover also the tb is just left open with no pipe on it,is this normal?

my main concern is that it was only just goin over 0.5bar on my boost gauge and 1090 at 5500 rpm in 3rd gear and i thought this was incredibilly low.if anyone could help it would be much appreiciated

With the boost return pipe removed you should have a small air filter at the end of the ISV, a pipe either feeding an oil catch tank or just taking the oil mist from the rocker cover away from the engine bay and the underneath of the throttle body is free to be open, not blanking or pipework needed, and there should be a braided pipe running to the charger from the engine to lube the bearings. With this set up a regular spray of a non silicone PTFE spray is needed into the charger to keep it lubricated as the boost return pipe also fed the oil mist from the rocker cover into the charger for this reason. Unless alot of head work has been done 0.5 bar is low. Have you checked for boost leaks (i'm sure a how to is in the wiki), if not get the charger looked at by G-Werks. Hope it's good new dude

do i just take the blanking plate off the charger and use ptfe spray in there?yes that is how my bypass looks.as far as i can tell there is no headwork done,also it somtimes has a slightly rough idle is that just down to the boost return being by-passed?

You wont be able to tell headwork has been done unless the head is off the block, rocker cover off.