Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Rado

Blower motor fuse...

Aye oop guys,

I have a problem with the fuse on the heater blower circuit blowing, so I don't have any blower at all. The fuse is, 25A or 30A, forgotten which, so it's pretty clear that there's more than just a poxy little air blower on the circuit. I've noticed that the auxiliary water pump doesn't seem to run on now, so I'm guessing that's not entirely coincidental.

Does anyone know what other electrical bits are on the same circuit and if there's anything common I should look out for bar the obvious chafed wiring etc. If I put a new fuse in, it blows instantly btw.

Ta for any input :D

Probably a fault with the heater blower motor itself, take the lower passenger dash shelf out and disconnect the blower motor plug, if it stops poping the fuse then you need a new blower.

Blower is a big draw on current so its the only thing on that circuit, it should be a 20A fuse though. Seems like a former owner has fitted a higher rated fuse to stop the 20A blowing to me..