Sign in to follow this  
smoooth

need more help on the 1.8 or 2.0 Q.

i read the discussion on the FAQ's and it seems the 1.8 would be a better choice. i thought that the 2.0 engine is of audi origin so parts should be easy to find, are they??? and whats the difference with the injection on the two engines and the differenece with the 2.0 being a facelift model. as you can tell i have no knowledge of the corrado, good with golfs but getting confused with all this info. i want the most reliable engine that the corrado offers, i've heard that the vr6 are sometimes dodgy and am worried about the supercharger going so it's out of the other two, which one should i get??? is the 2.0 faster when the cat is changed to a full system or not?!?!?!? help needed. :D

is ti illegal to have 3 in the back seat????

thats it, for now, cheers for any help.

most vw engines are bulletproof, but the trick is to get a well serviced one and keep it well serviced.

as for the superchargers my mate has a g40 with 118k on the clock all of which on the original charger, and has done the last 15k with a smaller pulley, he may be lucky but he swears that there aint really that much of a hasstle with them, my g60's charger went 15k or so ago and got replaced at a cost of 2050 quid.

i think its rea\lly your luck and how you drive it.

Hi there,iv got the 1.8 16v and it pulls alot harder and faster than the 2.0 in my mums mk3 golf.i looked at the two 2.0 models aswell and choose the 1.8 because its the best engine out of the three by far!my dad used to have a 1.8 8v in a mk2 gti and it was always solid too!

The 2.016v is very slightly slower to 60mph than the 1.816v, but is more torquey and pulls better, especially at higher speeds. The 2.0 is usually gp17 insurance though :? , whereas the 1.8 is usually 15.

Personally, I went for the 2.016v simply because it was newer and post face lift (more modern interior and front end, ABS).

Best thing would be to drive as many as you can before buying :p