Sign in to follow this  
Bally

G60 with 3rd gear issues???

Posting on behalf of a good friend who's just bought his 1st Corrado

He's recently bought a G60 Corrado on a K plate, which has a few mods, FMIC, G-Werks charger, chipped & pullied etc

I still can't see it's the cables mate, there's lots of play in the shift tower and bushings but the cables move the mechanism fine and far enough to select everything but 3rd and the distance it's moving 'should' be selecting 3rd fine

it felt really odd when trying to manually engage 3rd by moving the top of the shift tower, I still reckon something in the box is damaged.

im with you on the box being damaged... surpose only way off telling is to get the box out... but damos happy with replacing the gearbox.. so like you said lastnite be good to confirm which box can be run with his G60...

Some-one once told me the Golf-4 GTDi 130 six speed fits Rados with no mods... but they might have been mis-informed?

I think the driveshaft flanges are too big, you need beetle flanges or something (oo-errr!) 100 versus 110 mm?

beetle flanges

Wash your mouth out young man! :lol:

Well it's not really a "mod" as such, swapping parts as opposed to welding new mounts! :grin:

If any-one would like to confirm or deny this please?

The CTN box from Mk3 TDI's are a direct fit and come fairly cheaply - they also have much better ratios.

MK3 Golf and Passat 16V CHA boxes fit and ratios are good, best would be a 16V or G60 box with VR ratios or as mentioned above a diesel box. Good recon boxes should be available for about £150-£200.