Sign in to follow this  
xnology

New version of the Corrado font

Hey!

I updated my corrado font file with some of these designs as key strokes:

corrado-car-fob.gif

corrado-car-fob2.gif

003.gif

I will be adding more key strokes as the designs evolve and develop.

new-keystrokes.gif

Download the new version font @ xnology.com It is still free!

You will have to delete the old font file in the fonts folder on your system prior to installing the new one to use the new version. 8)

Check out some of my other proto fobs: custom and prototype fobs

Um no i am not the best with comps but i want this could ya type me up a little guide :) in this topic???

Okay,

One DIY for fonts.

1. Download the font from the link on the xnology.com site.

- click the save button and save it to your computer in "my documents" folder or on your destop just so it is easy for you to find.

2. Open up windows explorer by holding down the windows key between ctrl & alt and tap "e" while your holding it down.

3. Explore to the folder you saved the font file to.

4. Right mouse click on the font file

- select copy from the menu only if you do not have an install option and go to step 5.

- if you have an install option, just select that and go to step 6.

5. Explore to the "c:\windows\fonts" folder - right click on the folder and select paste.

6. The font should now be loaded and ready to use. Simply pick the Corrado Normal font from your list of fonts in whatever software that you use to generate documents or to edit photos and you are typing in the font from the badge.

Pretty easy stuff! If you have other questions, PM me and I will help if I can.

I used a forklift at work. I sat on a pallet 20 feet up or so and my co-worker drove me around the car snapping pictures.

Check out the others taken that day. It was the day I listed it for sale for my brother-in-law. It was about two weeks before I bought it from him. They are on one of my webs.

http://www.mycorrado.com

Hi mate, great stuff 8)

Im having problems using the font with signlab 7.1 though, a lot of the letters/numbers don't appear. Can you help?

Cheers, Neil.

Dude

I like your text, have saved it to my pc and will have atry with it over the weekend. Also had a look at the key fobs, will be ordering one, or two of those in the near future. What about doing a Corrado Forum style key fob for forum members only ? Good work keep it up 8)

Riley - I am not familiar with signlab software. Does it usually work well with other ttf files? Which of the letters and numbers are missing compared to the sample a few posts above? If you can import eps or ai files into signlab, try generating the text in illustrator first and then importing it... worth a shot.

Dude VR6 - I have not approached the Corrado Forum to see if they want to persue a members only fob design. You may be the first to think of it. It is a possibility if the forum hierarchy is up for it.

Hi mate, its the first time ive tried importing a ttf into signlab. It mainly uses cadlink vef font files. But there are a few of the standard ttf in there to start with.

When im designing/typing in signlab and i type: Corrado G60 and of trhe red letters/numbers are missing :( And its the same when i plot/cut them.

Same goes for if i type: Volksdevil.com, again with the reds missing.

It all works fine in photoshop though, and i don't have illustrator.

Neil.

I am at a loss for this one. I have yet to have any problems with the font in any software I've tried. If I had access to the program, I would take a look on one of my systems, but I wouldn't know where to get a copy locally...

I am sorry that it isn't doing exactly what it should. It seems very strange. Please let me know if you find a solution that fixes the problem.

Hi mate, no worries...I appreciate your effort in making it :)

I still can't get it to work properly, I need it so i can cut some vw related words into vinyl, for an interior retrim project.

Neil.

Riley - I am not familiar with signlab software. Does it usually work well with other ttf files? Which of the letters and numbers are missing compared to the sample a few posts above? If you can import eps or ai files into signlab, try generating the text in illustrator first and then importing it... worth a shot.

Dude VR6 - I have not approached the Corrado Forum to see if they want to persue a members only fob design. You may be the first to think of it. It is a possibility if the forum hierarchy is up for it.

xnology

you look in to doing a Corrado Forum key fob, I`m sure that people would be intrested if you did one.