Sign in to follow this  
matty golf

windows broke

windows went down now they wont come back up cant see any broken fuses no power to switch at all is there a control box or summat. there is power to drivers side switch but passenger switch still dont work are they linked not had problems before . is it gonna rain tonight ha ha

can you hear the motor or does it seem like the switch is at fault

might be worth checking the wires in the hinged area of door

Had the same problem a coupel of weeks ago, was one of the 'hidden' fuses above the relays - not sure which one it was though. Worth a check at least.

Had the same problem a coupel of weeks ago, was one of the 'hidden' fuses above the relays - not sure which one it was though. Worth a check at least.

Are they the ones above the interior fusebox or the ones inside the nearside front wing near the battery? Mine have stoppeed too :|

i had trouble finding them, they were just above the tob line of relays. a real PITA to get to though because of all the wiring.

you maky need to take the whole driveside under dash thing out to get to them (not sure how much access you get with just the fuse box cover removed)

i had trouble finding them, they were just above the tob line of relays. a real PITA to get to though because of all the wiring.

you maky need to take the whole driveside under dash thing out to get to them (not sure how much access you get with just the fuse box cover removed)

If the weather is cold or the windows are covered in ice the motors will struggle a bit, if the motor is under heavy load it pulls more current, some of the old fuses do just blow due to age as they heat up and cool down every time they are taken close to maximum load and this eventually weakens the fuse until it blows, they also sometimes corrode a little which also weakens them.

ive heard that the runners are a weak point and wear quickly my passengers i dont have a problem with but my drivers jams sometimes if i take it all the way down it and drive it up it jams and just pops the 20amp as sweet as a nut i know carry 2 packets of 20amps in driver door pocket

i good shake of the window and then change the fuse usaully fixes it