flusted

early to late door card conversion

Ive just got a late rado in for breaking, how do i go about changing the wiring for the window switchs as the plugs are different?

If not, can i trm the later card pockets to accept the realier switches?

You can change the door cards from early to late. You will need all the late switches there is a guide on the knowledge base. Easy job

As I recall mate the wiring is all the same colours. I've done the swap myself and assume I didn't photograph the window switch wiring because it was obvious!

Are you wanting to put late cards in an earlier C or vice versa. Sounds like all you'll have to do is chop the newer plugs off the breaker and solder them onto your early C and swap over the switches and cards. Later cards are much nicer in my opinion, but then I am biased!

If you do need mirror wiring pic see my post Here

thanks guys, yeh want to put late cards in mine which is early. Just wondered if the loom unplugged at the door joins and the later loom may of plugged in

I think you'd have to go to the fuse box and the control box in the right rear quarter, I may well be wrong.

I had a late loom but in the end chopped the plugs off with a length of wire and soldered them in. A 'butcher job' in some peoples parlance but it was a question of time and effort.

Did the same with late sunroof motor (that needed a 'trim' itself!) and loom, it all works and it'll be covered up. Not looking at selling it ever so no probs!

This may help.........

corrado wiring diagrams (3) (Large).jpg[/attachment:2ere6rnm]

Enjoy! 8)

If you need a better pic PM your e-mail, Colin

I believe the looms DO unplug just inside the A pillars on both sides. Neither side plugs direct into the fusebox. You may have to search inside that foam covering but they're there.

Just an update, the looms do unplug just inside by the door hinges but are NOT swappable between early and late as the plugs are different

Think you need to loom to the Fuse-box... From memory that's how Billinjah did his when I spoke to him about it...

Flustered let me know as I'm about to head off down this route!

It's 'relatively' simple to rewire the window and mirror switches, rather than mess around changing the whole loom. Then the only other thing that needs doing is to pop the mirrors off and swap round the connections to the motors (this corrects the left-right and up-down motion).

I have plugs off a mk3 golf that fit the rado switches, il just solder them on. As for mirror wiring, i have mazda mirrors that dont work anyways lol