Sign in to follow this  
xnology

One-off key fobs, to auction or not...

I want your opinions.

In prototyping key fobs, I run some that look very cool, but for reasons like the machine doesn't want to play nice with them, I end up with only one or two good prototypes.

Here's my question: Do I list them on ebay and auction them off or do I simply hold on to them and stash them away never to be released.

Case in point, the one on the bottom:

corrado-oneoff-01.gif

And again on the top: - yeah I polished it...

corrado-oneoff-02.gif

I ran it tonight. Out of six tries, this is the only one that turned out good enough for me. That would make the production version of this thing more than double the standard cost. Do I list it as a one of a kind and never run them or what?

Tell me what you think.

If it's the fine lines that are causing the problems, could you not try the same design but just a bit bigger?

I would be perfectly happy with a keyring twice that size, I already have a couple of big stainless keyrings and i prefer them to be honest, it makes it harder for me to lose them.

how about the more detailed corrado design but in an oval keyring like the section 5 ones you did?

Your material is too thick for the laser with such fine detail, it' should work with thinner material.

The thickness is okay, I am just trying to cram more detail into too small of a space.

I could always go larger, but part of the coolness of these things is how small they are.

Sorry but can we not have another thread about your keyrings please.

Either chuck em on Ebay or chuck em up for sale at a few GBP or USD.