Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

The Corrado Is never to be built again :-(

Went to the Dealers on the way home tonight to get a price on an OEM rad, noticed in the showroom one of those new touareg 4x4 VWs so me and the misses poped in for a look and get some details. Also had a look into the R32, apparently Spain is getting 100 pre order spots and most of them are still available. (got me thinging for about 1 hour). Anyway after chatting to the Dealer myself and the Girlfriend were told that VW is moving away from sporty cars and concentrating on the more Merc market and exec market. He said That SEAT yes SEAT are now the sporty cars of the VAG group. and that Seat are due to produce a Coupe in the next few years, that may be very similar to a Corrado. :roll:

As you may know All seats are named after places in spain so the Corrado is unlikly to be its name. but you never now cos the Corrado name is derived from the spainish word Meaning "to run" hence the logos on the headrests of the Campaign Model.

Anyway after the VW garage we popped to see the Evo VII and get the price for that. Nice car, like it, Saving!!! :D And the Missus love it too!! :) SORTED

to be honest i must be one of the few people who are glad that vw haven't replaced the Corrado :wink: as i think it keeps our ones special and a wee bit of the "future classic" feel about them

just my £0.02p's worth

He said That SEAT yes SEAT are now the sporty cars of the VAG group. and that Seat are due to produce a Coupe in the next few years, that may be very similar to a Corrado. :roll:

I can see it now, a seat leon with 2 less doors and a slightly lower roof. :?

to be honest i must be one of the few people who are glad that vw haven't replaced the Corrado :wink: as i think it keeps our ones special and a wee bit of the "future classic" feel about them

just my £0.02p's worth

Im not bothered about this future classic stuff - but I do think not being made anymore makes them a special site on the roads... most people dont even have a clue what it is *:) - I like that!

G60Jet, I heard that about VW too that they were moving away from sporty cars and trying to move more upmarket.

That is why a lot of VW dealers are now getting landed with Skoda as a sweetener for them losing out on VW sales targets,a lot of VW dealers will end up losing the franchise and be given the delightful Skoda range instead :!: :!:

BTW read in todays papers that a guy was jailed for a year for speeding in his Skoda.......146mph :!: :!:

Nice to see the british judicial system has its priorities right again :!: :!: :mad:

Had to laugh.The local plod have just taken delivery of a spanking new Skoda estate to add to thier fleet(a mundano,2 focuses and a paddy wagon transit for saturday nights!)Should be able to outrun it......but being only one of two C's here,then they might just find me easily enough :p

Erm, the Octavia RS is actually pretty quick, and although it would lose to a VR, it would run it close!

i dont think that vw will be succussfull in that kinda market as most people who buy cars for that kinda market usually tend to stick with those kinda cars such as bwm, mercs, audi's

The "Seat Salsa" was the concept Seat coupe was at the motor show last year

I can see it now, a seat leon with 2 less doors and a slightly lower roof.

Exactly what it is like

The Octavia RS was sold as having the same 1.8t engine from VW,and as such should produce around 180bhp,which isn't bad but it is a big heavy car.A mildly tuned G60 should be slightly quicker off the line but at top end the RS should beat it.A more heavily tuned(i.e cams,headwork etc) G60 wouldn't have too much of a problem.(I hope!!) 8) :lol:

And as for a tuned VR6.................BYE BYE RS :twisted:

The Octavia RS was sold as having the same 1.8t engine from VW,and as such should produce around 180bhp,which isn't bad but it is a big heavy car.A mildly tuned G60 should be slightly quicker off the line but at top end the RS should beat it.A more heavily tuned(i.e cams,headwork etc) G60 wouldn't have too much of a problem.(I hope!!) 8) :lol:

And as for a tuned VR6.................BYE BYE RS :twisted:

A £600 chip upgrade to the RS though and your talking 215BHP and 245lbft.

Cant see a tuned VR6 saying bye to that so easy.

O.K lets put it this way.My G60 has had some work which see it dyno'd at 183bhp.

Thats 23bhp over standard.With a few more mods it probably could push 200.

A VR6 pushes 190bhp as standard,add a supercharger and chip upgrade, induction kit and performance exhaust and you wouldn't be far off 220bhp.

Don,t get me wrong,the Octavia RS is a nice car and great VFM but it is STILL a Skoda and theres no getting away from that badge.(badge snobbery rules!!!!!) :oops: :shock: :lol:

Blown, Got to tell you I know a few mechanics who are now working on them and they all say the engines are good,cos they are VW,the rest of the car is crap cos it`s still a Skoda. :) :mrgreen: