Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Lewis Hamilton - media comments

I think a lot of other drivers are envious of Hamiltons apparent easy ride to a top flight drive. I have read a lot about the philosophy of McLaren and Ron Dennis and I don't believe for a second that they would have ditched him at any point in their relationship if he wasn't performing / behaving in a way that they felt was inappropriate for them. Hamilton has got where he is through dedication, determination and talent.

It was always going to happen with the media. As for why the apparent sudden dislike for him as a driver by other drivers you only have to look a Schumacher, He was often leapt upon by both the media and fellow drivers - I think a part of that is because he was just that much better than them.

Exactly, i think they just feel threatened by him because he's more talented and he's a winning racer in his first 2 seasons.

In regards to the Mclarens car - It was this year they werent allowed to develop the car wasnt it, but i didnt hear anything about that all season and they even looked to have developed it. Whats gone on there?

More that barriers are falling I think. I'm not really into splitting hairs about skin colour / racism etc but Obama, Woods and Hamilton are all varying shades of 'black'.

I think there is still a long way to go before a 100% native indian blood or 100% African ancestry blooded USA president and such like.

Well they've let a 100% Austrian blood govern California, so it's just a matter of time.

In regards to the Mclarens car - It was this year they werent allowed to develop the car wasnt it, but i didnt hear anything about that all season and they even looked to have developed it. Whats gone on there?

What's gone on is that your assumption was incorrect. As part of the FIA's penalty against MacLaren in 2007 they reserved the right to 'vet' MacLaren's designs for it's 2008 car to ensure that no obvious Ferrari IP or designs found thier way onto the car.

No infringments of that kind were found (despite Ferrari protesting the presence of "Ferrari" items like wheels, an engine and a wheel to steer it with) and that's why you heard nothing more about it.

What's gone on is that your assumption was incorrect. As part of the FIA's penalty against MacLaren in 2007 they reserved the right to 'vet' MacLaren's designs for it's 2008 car to ensure that no obvious Ferrari IP or designs found thier way onto the car.

No infringments of that kind were found (despite Ferrari protesting the presence of "Ferrari" items like wheels, an engine and a wheel to steer it with) and that's why you heard nothing more about it.

Ahhh.... its was 'vetting' not a total lock down on Mclaren developing. Cheers

If that had been the case Mclaren would have been getting whipped by the Force Indias this year :D.

Ahhh.... its was 'vetting' not a total lock down on Mclaren developing. Cheers[/quote:1mgqy9hc]

That all said you'd be surprised how poor the vetting for Ferrari IP actually was. I mean there was red paint on the MacLaren that they didn't even spot :D if they can't even catch MacLaren blatantly plagiarising like that then the sport has no hope at all! Don't even get me started on the copycat "Finnish driver" trick either - clearly a copy of the Ferrari strategy if you ask me, haha

Ahhh.... its was 'vetting' not a total lock down on Mclaren developing. Cheers

That all said you'd be surprised how poor the vetting for Ferrari IP actually was. I mean there was red paint on the MacLaren that they didn't even spot :D if they can't even catch MacLaren blatantly plagiarising like that then the sport has no hope at all! Don't even get me started on the copycat "Finnish driver" trick either - clearly a copy of the Ferrari strategy if you ask me, haha

:lol:

The whole field should be driving Ferraris thats the only fair way.

John, I have these Ferrari items on the Rado.. do I expect a knock on the door from some Italian Legal types with a horse head tucked under their arm soon too? :pale:

Or will it be a Son of a "fachist" dressed innapropriately? :hitler:

do u think if massa pulls a girl from a more successful girlband in 2009 he got a better chance of winning?

do u think if massa pulls a girl from a more successful girlband in 2009 he got a better chance of winning?

Madonna is now back on the market, but somehow I think Massa's wife wouldn't be too impressed with that...

I admire Hamilton but I must admit I did laugh a bit when it was reported in the press on Monday that he's utterly bowled over and in love with Nicole Sherzinger. I mean like "yeah, right" !! He's only 22 years old, and at that age he can't have gotton any further than obsessing over her tremendous norks yet! Good lad Lewis - fly the flag for Britain I say :D