Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Best front brakes?, big brake upgrade

Hi guys, i am just wondering what is considered to be the best big brake setup for a corrado 5 stud.

I know loads of kits are out there but whats the best value for money and performance.

On my g60 i have ibiza cupra r brakes, i know they tend to be a bit grabby but you get used to that.

The Corrado will be about 300 bhp for now that the brakes are going into.

Suggestions and places to get them please :)

Also i dont mind if somebody has some second hand ones for sale :norty:

Also do mk5 brakes fit?

I know the hub pattern is different, but will the disk offset be the same as mk4's?

You are into more subjectie territory here matey. You'll get a bunch of people telling you differen things. You also do not say how much you have available to spend. My advice: spend the most you can to get the biggest disc kit you can. Swept area is what its all about - the more the merrier! Obviously, Alcon and AP kit is best, but failing that, a nice big Brembo 323mm kit is really good too. I'd also say think about pad choice: O recommendation from a number of people who use their cars on track and road, I've gone for the Ferodo DS2500 pads, which are very good. :D

Badger5 does a 323mmx28 disc Brembo GT type kit for 5x100PCD cars for £945 inc plus delivery

There was a couple of very good value 5x100PCD big brake kits for sale over on ed38 a while back, might be still there.

Thanks guys,

i know the bigger the better withing reason.

My car will see abit of track time so its got to be able to stop.

I was thinking about the Seat kit, i have them on my g60 admittedly the ibiza 4x100 one but it is great.

As for pads i was thinking pagid yellow pads or blues

Hi-Spec do some good large discs and caliper packages ! Deal with them direct, they are very helpful

I bought some 4 pot calipers and larger discs for my valver ! They should be on by this time next week,

I can recommend the Brembo 323mm kit from Badger5 combined with Ferodo DS2500 pads from personal experience on road & track for almost three years now. I've recorded just over 1.3g under braking on track with this kit, which is enough to outbrake most things - even at trackdays.

They also retain thier stopping power exceptionally well, even when they get (ahem) too hot. Totally recommended (the kit, not setting the pads on fire!)