Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

9j Borbet A's on a VR with 288 brakes..Anybody running this?

I tried fitting my newly purchased 9J's all round today and came across a big problem, the fronts hit the calipers :(

Is ths a 288 thing or am I going to have a problem regardless? Spacers are out of the question as they only just fit under the arch.

Shall I refit 280mm's, lay my hands on 7.5j's, or grind the calipers down?

Did try a search but mine is quite a specific problem so it didn't help, any ideas would be awesome, I'm in an unhappy place right now

i no how to do it ;) naa not really.......in all honesty tom, shaving down is probably a good idea and ( as long as you dont go mad and shave layers upon layers off) it should make a difference! jus be careful and dont get to happy with it all....because 9j is gonna be wiked! i new as soon as you told me it was 9j all round there would be problems!:)

Yeah well silly old me thought I could slap them on no problem, for a second I think I forgot I owned a Corrado and just thought it was like any other normal car on the road.

Put them on the car, torqued them down, went to pull away and it didn't move!!!

Calipers just stuck to the rims.............oh happy days

Anybody?

Probably going to go with a small spacer and light grind combo, will this do it? What spacer shall I go for 6mm (3mm per side) or are we talking more like 20mm to stand any chance?

This really is new ground for me so a helping hand would go a long way