Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Diavia Pipe

I've broke the connection on one of the pipes to my air con, this coonection attaches to the aircon pump. The pipe itself has a soild metal section between the two rubber hoses (what does this do?). It's shown here. It's also the longest part.

download/file.php?id=16741

Ive taken the pipe to a garage to get it fixed, he's done the repair (changed the fixing) and wants to charge me £45!! I'm sure I can have the whole pipe made up cheaper but need dimensions, pipe pressures, resistant properties etc etc to get a quote. The garage wont give me the pipe back until I pay up.

Does anyone have this info? Or even better one I can borrow to copy. Or do you reckon its a fair price for the pipe fix? Pictures etc would be excellent

Does this pipe come from any other car, if so that would save this headache!

The meta section is used to refill the refrigerant into the car. When the system is full you will see it as having a little bubble there much like a spirit level. I'm sure the fixing cant be more than a few pounds, tenner max i would have thought. Go to a local Pirtek, they'll have all the info you need.

the metal section on the pipe I'm on about doesn't have any ports to allow for re-gasing. It's just a solid section. I can't see why the whole pipe isn't just two fixings at each end with a rubber hose in between

I have had to borrow the picture off another post just for the reference. Does any one have pictures?

looks like the guy has lost the hose

any one able to lend me a davia hose so i can get a copy made? not sure which one i need but it goes from the airbox to the front of the car.