Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

SLAMMING a corrado (lowering)

ok guys now i have my 17's on the car it now looks like a 4x4 car

(infact i parked next to a range rover same height LOL!!!!)

ok so back to the point

everybody here whos running 17's and lowered please reply

what is the lowest you can go WITHOUT arch mods....

my alloys are 7x17 and on toyo proxies.. 205-40-17

i wanna go as low as the arch's can take and still be able to turn the wheel full lock....

also if anybody has a set for sale i might be intrested please post....

-----------------

chris

corrado4.jpg

this is mine, not to sure how low it is, but it only rubs when cornering hard and going over big bumps.

i pushed the lip on the front arches flush.

Nice looker James. Lovely stuff.

it has a new exhaust aswell now, will update pics soon.

need to get that damn center cap for the front wheel!

I have 17s and same Toyos as you, and my 16V is dropped by 40mm. Its not super low, but I think that it really suits the car. When 4 up and flooring it through a largeish dip in the road I have managed to rub the rear tyres once. :?

j a m e s

project front this weekend lol another -10mm

lol yer mate go for it then i has to be th4 lowest coorado on the planet!!!! :D

i think i might go for 60mm and i see where i go from there cheers

more like 80-100mm drop :D hey james??

8)

project front this weekend lol another -10mm :lol:

NICE NICE NICE :D

I how are the coilovers settling in now James? do you find AVO to be a hard ride??

yeah the avos are abit hard, all being weather good tomorrow i am gonna soften them abit and lower it around -10mm at the front, maybe -5mm or nothing at the back lol

peronally i would only go 35-40 lower, you shouldn't go below 50ish as the drive shafts become near horizontal and suspection movment upwards is asking for trouble at that point, the standard bushes and shocks etc where never design to take the load (the spring is stiffer so the shock takes more of a bashing and so do the dushes) pluse the shock has less travel at that kind of drop.

if your going down at 50+mm then fully adjustable coilovers are the best be IMHO

as for your C looking like a 4x4 put the old tyres and wheel infront of the ones on the C now and the tyre should be the same outside diameter as the new ones, just the wheel in the middle is bigger and the tyre on the 17's should have a lower profile. (infact the old tyre wheel combo should site higher as the old wheel isn't carrying the weight of the C

ok heeres the pic at the moment on 17 wit standard suspection

see ma point it a 4X4

you got to lower it dude. im getting mine done in january. cant wait.

Yuk that looks terrible! A 15" wheel with a 195/50 is smaller than a 17" with a 40 series tyre, contrary to what G60 Jet was saying. If you fit 17s you have to lower it more to make the spoiler as close to the ground as it was on 15"s. You will get some fouling on the inside of the front arches whilst parking, just ignore it. The rear arches will need to be trimed a little at the front edge as there is usually a part of the flange which protrudes a bit and as the car gets lower, the wheel moves forward in the arch.

Surely the wheel gets further back in the arch as the car lowers, unless the suspension arm has gone above the horizontal line..?

Yes. 17" wheels with 205/40/17s on are 20.4" diameter. Nearly 1" larger diameter than a 195/50/15 wheel and tyre combo.

You knock your speedo out by 8.5% aswell (reads slow, which could make it technically an MOT failure, not that it's ever going to be checked).