Sign in to follow this  
sar1f

Stock gauges for Corrado G60?

I just baught a 90 Corrado G60 and I'm assuming a previous owner monkey'd with the odometer. Which in turn sucks for me. I'm looking for a replacement gauge cluster and the only thing I could come up with is the DDI setup.

Will this work for my car and if so is it plug and play or will it be work? The only reason I'm prompted to ask is that I noticed that the DDI cluster has a digital Odometer and my stock is mechanical.

Thanx for any imput

SAR1F :brickwall:

The digital odo is just from a later model the earlier ones where all mechanical, the DDI guages are just an overlay that replaces the dial faces.

Get some second hand digital clocks and you can then get the odo adjusted, can't remember who does this service know but I am sure someone will point it out for you.

You will need to mod the speedo drive system for the later electrical pick up and run the loom for it though.

The main gear on the odometer has a knurled section which grips the numbered disc these often slip and fail completley, you can take it apart and rough up the knurled section and try that if you really want to save some cash!

Thanks much for all the info and suggestions. I'm going to check further into the upgrade to the newer model digi gauges. Im still in the search for a stock mechanical speedo style replacement cluster if any float by.

On a not so lighter and sort of unrelatted note i just found out theres oil in the intake tube AFTER the intercooler and I don't mean a little, so the chargers getting pulled and sent out and the pipes are getting the run down and clean with the cooler. I've got a frined putting the keen eye to it as we speak for any other mucked about bits.