Sign in to follow this  
mawds1985

WILL THE DOOR AND WING FIT???

Hi everyone first time post, have nad me corrado 1992 J 16v for a few years and never had a problem, until last week when i clipped a bank on my way home, and collected the other bank, damaging the wing and door on the drivers side of my car :( , hance the question.

I have been offered a wing and door through a friend of a friend but they are from a 1994 VR will they be the same?

any help would be great, and help get the car back on the road :D

:cheers:

92 is the year they changed from early to late, so maybe.

What sort of electric window switches do you have? In the speaker pod or in the door?

Also does the middle of your bonnet stick up or is it recessed? I.E. does it look ----_____----- or ___----------___ from the front. If it's the later sticky upy bonnet, then the wing should be ok.

If your electric window switches are in the door card, then you have an early door. The VR unit will fit, but you may have to swap a few other items and adjust some fixings on it.

Sorry for the crap language, but I was feeling apethetic.

There are 92 rados with late exteriors and early interiors as it was the changeover year, so the window switch thing isn't the best way of telling - you'll need to check the bonnet, like Toad says the early bonnet concaves in the middle and the later one convexes. Another way of telling is to check your front grill, if you have a late exterior the grill will have 5 slats, the early grill has 7.

The easiest way of telling would be to put a pic up of your car :) And welcome to the forum by the way!

The easiest way of telling would be to put a pic up of your car :)

Nice use of logic! :)