Sign in to follow this  
h51mon

Will 18" rims fit?

Quick question fella's My mate has a rado vr6 on L plate and has been offered a set of S4 replica alloys 18".Fitted with 225/40/18 tyres.Came off a beetle so they are 5*100.He has standard suspension set up.Will they fit or will they rub etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies..

They will fit but will look odd, possible rubbing issues as well, spoils the whole the balance of the car both looks and handling wise

They will fit, but most likely rub, more at the fronts.

I used to have 18" RS4/TT reps and the front arches rolled. Even on 215s I was still having slight issues at the back, but I was slightly lowered.

Check the link in my sig for what they look like. Pretty big, but I liked em. Also worth considering is your car will handle like poo - tramlining and being incredibly crashy over potholes.

There is someone on here with those exact wheels on but not standard suspension. They look good (lowered), but as Andy says, handling suffers...

Yeah, they looked fookin tops. Loved walking up to my car with them on, they look much better in the metal than in photo for.

I suppose with standard suspension they won't be so crashy, before I had my Weitecs I was on some unknown red and yellows and it wasn't that bad. Once I changed tho, i was gritting teeth and wincing every time a hole in the road appeared.

Spend a few more beans on some 16's or 17's that you like.

Think you will regret the 18's, handling, ride quality and looks wise. Here is a pick of mine on 17's which look small for the size being split rims. However still almost too big for the Rado I reckon.

DSC000951-1.jpg

DSC000971.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far fella's something to think about regards handling etc.Gotta say though Corradodude they did look good on your blue one.Nice to see a snap with the actual rims fitted.

Can't be arsed cleanin' splits wi' all those bolts! :cuckoo:

Give me CV's, RX's or Oettingers anyday. :lol:

LOL I didnt mean buy that type of wheel specifically, just trying to show how big 17's look.

I agree I nice 5 spoke 16 would probably be the way to go :D

LOL I didnt mean buy that type of wheel specifically, just trying to show how big 17's look.

I agree I nice 5 spoke 16 would probably be the way to go :D

Fair comment - 17" for looks, 16" for best compromise - rings a bell!

18" - really think another car body should be considered! :lol:

17's for brakes :D

ish! - there are some pretty adequate/heavy brakes under 15" & 16" as guys like crazydave will confirm. :)

You & your easy cleaning!! :lol: :lol:

You & your easy cleaning!! :lol: :lol:

Ha Ha, yeah that made me laugh too as it reminded me of my mum who's first consideration is cleaning when deciding on new things around their house etc :lol: :lol:

how about easy iron shirts? another top Mum comment!! Now i do my own i know what she means tho.... lol!

so this thread has gone off on one then.....

Surely, if you keep your speed indication legal ie maintain the std rolling radius by adjusting the tyre profile then the only rubbing issues are around properly assessing the et and any spacer need + wheel/tyre width?

Brake accomodation, handling/unsprung mass & looks are connected considerations but have no direct bearing on bodywork/suspension clearance.

Easy-cleanability is something else - but why make life difficult? It's too short as it is!!! :scratch:

Easy-cleanability is something else - but why make life difficult? It's too short as it is!!! :scratch:

Amen to that I used to have to clean these! :cuckoo: LOL

IMGP1436.jpg

Amen to that I used to have to clean these! :cuckoo: LOL

IMGP1436.jpg

Not the worst I've seen but - 2 No valves?? What for?

Not the worst I've seen but - 2 No valves?? What for?

What do you mean not the worst uv seen their white! LOL

Two valves so you can accurately check pressure whilst adjusting pressure (Motorsport use really)

Our lambos in British GT3 didn't have 2 valves! sounds a bit gimmicky.

Well they are Japanese GT wheels so Im not surprised about them being gimmicky LOL