Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Steering wheel locks?

Been thinking how easy it would be to break into a Rado. Not a nice thought. Obviously other than having an alarm and immobiliser are ther any other things that are worth having? Like those steering wheel locks and wheel clamps and the like. Does anyone use anything like that?

The only ones worth buying for anything other than visual deterrent are discloks. Even so they can be defeated in a couple of minutes if the theif knows the particular weaknesses.

No matter what you do, if someone wants to steal your car they will have it eventually, a steering lock may just make a joyrider move onto the next car.

a snap off raid steering wheel boss always seemed like a pretty good defence, but you need big pockets for your wheel.

a snap off raid steering wheel boss always seemed like a pretty good defence, but you need big pockets for your wheel.

Yeah but then when someone asks why you have a steering wheel in your trousers you can say "It's driving me nuts"

:tumbleweed:

Yeah but then when someone asks why you have a steering wheel in your trousers you can say "It's driving me nuts"

:tumbleweed:

:roll: :lol:

Anyway, cheers for that guys. I reckon though even if they're not that difficult to get off it's gotta be worth it if a potential thief sees it and it's enough to make them move on to the next car.

I've had both having lived in sketchy areas of south london and i'd say get the disclock. the bar seemed really puny, though i did try to get it off when i lost my keys and failed miserably! get it off in 5 mins my @rse. found me keys again so all was ok. with the disc, a huge lump of metal covering the wheel makes it harder for them to remove the whole wheel and is certainly more a visual deterrent, but if they want your car, they'll find a way. it just stops the opportunist pikey.

as for the space thing, well wang it in your boot or behind your seat, no biggie, but the rattling will annoy you after a bit if you leave it in the cabin.