KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

Dogma, can you send me a PM about the OEM style plugs. It's easier to keep track that way.

Same if anyone else wants anything.

Thanks

It's only my opinion, uprated bulbs of the same wattage should be OK. I ran 100/160w in my classic mini but wouldn't dream of putting them in a Corrado. I've had a few C headlights in bits over the years and the plastic reflective backs might not like all that heat. You should notice a massive difference once the loom is fitted. I've got the Uprated bulbs in both my old VW's, along with my looms.

Edited by KUR2Y
Typo

It's only my opinion, updated bulbs of the same wattage should be OK. I ran 100/160w in my classic mini but wouldn't dream of putting them in a Corrado. I've had a few C headlights in bits over the years and the plastic reflective backs might not like all that heat. You should notice a massive difference once the loom is fitted. I've got the Uprated bulbs in both my old VW's, along with my looms.

Cheers Zak.

Have messaged you. Still waiting for a response but I have them all allocated at the minute. Give me a few days to get a reply.

Mine turned up today! - its a thing of beauty!! extremely well made and looks fantastic with the factory look plugs!

Thank you very much! - looking forward to getting the front in bits and this fitted :D

Must admit the only thing i don't like is leaving the existing connectors on the back of the headlight unplugged and just shoving a spade terminal in one of them. I had planned to try and use the loom i bought to make a whole new loom from the dash etc. Never got round to it though

delfinis38: I thought I'd messaged you the other day. Have emailed and messaged you now, just to make sure. Let me know if nothing comes through. Loom is almost done.

Jim: I agree but the options are limited in this area. I once chopped up 2 old headlights and made proper fitting plugs but way too time consuming and quite expensive.

Edited by KUR2Y

I seem to be having problems with folk not receiving my messages, or I'm being dull, so if anyone is waiting for a response or PM, please let me know. I have sent messages!

delfinis38: I thought I'd messaged you the other day. Have emailed and messaged you now, just to make sure. Let me know if nothing comes through. Loom is almost done.

Jim: I agree but the options are limited in this area. I once chopped up 2 old headlights and made proper fitting plugs but way too time consuming and quite expensive.

Replied to email.

Must admit the only thing i don't like is leaving the existing connectors on the back of the headlight unplugged and just shoving a spade terminal in one of them. I had planned to try and use the loom i bought to make a whole new loom from the dash etc. Never got round to it though

with some neat electrical tape work & a little securing ive found ive had no trouble with any of the 3 i have fitted Jim

OK, all the looms that have been ordered and paid for have been sent out today. I will do another run at some point in the future but give me a month or so.

Enjoy.

Thanks Andrew for helping me out here.

I have also received my lovely looking loom, Many thanks Zak great looking loom cheers TopJob :)

And big thanks to Gold finger!

Cheers Guys many thanks from my Corrado ;)

Hi guys

I have bought a set of these from a member on the forum last year, but dont have any instructions, does anyone have the instructions to hand?

I would like to do the upgrade this weekend at the CCGB stand @ the NEC Classics Restoration Show this weekend.

Hall 5 Stand 868

Thanks