Sign in to follow this  
gezmeister

G60 p/x - discussion

Hi guys

Thought i'd ask your opinion on this one. I'm looking at buying a corrado, only problem being i need to either sell my mondeo v6 or p/x it. Put it up for sale on pistonheads the other day, and had a guy e-mail me asking if i'd be interested in a g60. I said yes and to let me know the full spec. But i'm weary of a couple of things, just wondering if they are notorious for going wrong on corrados.

What he said was:

The body is not perfect, it has some blemishs, the front bumper has some marks on it and the drivers door is abit faded.

The electric sunroof doesnt work but the active spoiler does.

There is a slight oil leak which i think is coming from the sump and a slight water leak from the radiator pipe.

The gearbox grinds if you change into 2nd at high revs but is fine thru the rest of the

gears.

Should i be worried by any of this?

Water and oil leak, easy fix. Replace gearbox. Happy days.

I'd say the supercharger history and condition would be near the top on my list.

Check the knowledge base...

I would really have a close look at the car to check it out for yourself, I'm sure someone on here wouldn't mind tagging along to give you thier opinion on it as well.

It seems odd he mentions the door being faded but no other panels, the doors are usually one of the last things to fade, its usually the roof, bonnet and spoiler that fade noticeably on the red cars, so it may have had the door replaced from another car or has had various other panels painted.

As mentioned, history of the charger is a must, a rebuild will cost around £330 and a good replacement anything between £600 to £900.

the sunroof depending on the fault is usually around £70 to fix, and I would budget maybe a couple of hundred quid to replace coolant pipes ect... although is he sure it's a pipe and not the radiator that is leaking, geniune VW rads are expensive and a lot of the cheap patern ones are pretty shoddy.

How you getting on with ya van walesy, Any pics! Im just doing my conversion now (sorry to hijak thread)