Sign in to follow this  
randomist

water temp gauge sitting a bit low

drove the car tonight on a 50 mile round trip & the temp gauge never moved above 70, usually it sits on the white line below the 110. also the air coming through the vents wasn't very warm. i think i had a similar problem in my old valver & changing one of the 3 sensors at the front right of the engine solved the problem. haven't had a chance check but do vr's have the same 3 sensors & any idea which one i need to change? i've did a search but couldn't really find the answer i was looking for..

cheers guys

just had a spadge at where you've pictured james but i'll be buggered if i can see where the stat is???!!! i can see the 3 senders but not the stat. also is it a big job to change the housing?

were thoses three sensors are is the stat housing,its a ok job ,its held on by three allen bolts,they tend to be the biggest problem as in getting them out,also the stat housing slides on to the crack pipe,this to can be a problem,hence the name.

here are some pics of my motor to give you an idea of how it all goes together.

thanks for that james, couldn't see mine coz it's covered in gunk! do you have to take the front end of the car off, looks a bit tricky to get too?

You can do it in situ, well, the crack pipe is a mare to do without the front off, but the stat housing can be done. Remove the engine end plastic and coilpack to help get more room.