Sign in to follow this  
nmahi

headlight loom upgrade? bad/problems

hi guys/girls

I've brought some new xenon bulbs, and thinking of upgrading the wiring at the same time.......although i see kits availble on ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SX4-VW-CORRADO-GOLF-UPRATED-HEADLIGHT-WIRING-LOOM-SAFE_W0QQitemZ140282658861QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item140282658861&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

i was thinking of buying this one, anyone got one fitted? ........any bad points/problems?

or i can make my own, if someones got a diagram for me? ive looked at previous topics on here, but there aint a diagram thats been proven to work 110%.....

ANYONE WANT TO SHED SOME LIGHT?

bob

I bought one from the very same bloke, but it was the SX5. The only problem ive had is water getting into the relays, so there needs to be a better way of protecting it from the water.

Here are a couple of diagrams from the forum that i saved for myself. But try the search mate, this has been covered loads of times.

I bought one from the very same bloke, but it was the SX5. The only problem ive had is water getting into the relays, so there needs to be a better way of protecting it from the water.

Here are a couple of diagrams from the forum that i saved for myself. But try the search mate, this has been covered loads of times.

cheers mate, yeh i got these saved to my computer aswell....but some1 said they werent very good....

easy way to waterproof relays.......is to get sum PUV tape and wrap it around a fair few times....lol

when water got into the relays.....wat happened?

did you find your battery drained quicker?

how much of an improvement is it? ......was it money well spent?

Bob

Yeah i've heard people on here say they're not very good. But i've not really had much problem with it, and its better then the previous loom i had on :lol: I've wrapped the new relays in plenty of electrical tape.

When water got into the relays i found my main beam didnt work, and if i had the dipped beam on and tried the main beam. This turned the headlights off and just left the side lights on. Changing the relays solved this (provided from the buyer i got the loom from)

Relays in a sealed box (Tupperware make such a beastie) and away from "Direct Spray Paths" FTW...

Nmahi.. may wat to look a bit further there's an offer on Looms on this very forum, and if you supply OEM connector will be Plug and play!

Relays in a sealed box (Tupperware make such a beastie) and away from "Direct Spray Paths" FTW...

Nmahi.. may wat to look a bit further there's an offer on Looms on this very forum, and if you supply OEM connector will be Plug and play!

cheers mate, im goin to build my own, my uncle makes looms/harness for bently and ranges... :clap: Dnt you jus love family at times....they have everything in stock inc sealed fuse and relay boxes...hehe

cheers mate, im goin to build my own, my uncle makes looms/harness for bently and ranges... :clap: Dnt you jus love family at times....they have everything in stock inc sealed fuse and relay boxes...hehe

If you could supply a few to the forum I'd be interested in some sealed realy boxes?

If you could supply a few to the forum I'd be interested in some sealed realy boxes?

i wil try, let me get mine sorted 1st lol

Hi I'm thinking of doing this upgrade as headlights are crap is there a big improvement once done?

Is it better to replace the main headlight bulbs as well.

Cheers.