Sign in to follow this  
timthetinyhorse

dash backlights - more tales of woe in the corrado story

driving to work thismorning and the coolant light flashed for about 2 seconds (i think thats what it is, the one with the thermomiter in fluid symbol) then went out, kept driving and about 2 min later the whole dash went out, no mfa, no gages reading etc, moments later all readouts reapeared although everything had been reset to zero asif the battery had been removed however still no backlight, about a mile later everything was back on and working although the indicator lights were flickering now and again (interior ones on dash) and the coolant warning light flickered now and again,

everything else was working fine the whole way through this i.e. the stereo, heating, external lights

could this just be a loose fuse or am i looking at a big problem??

any ideas would be welcome as i could do without loosing the dash at half 6 when its dark, atleast the spoiler tells me im doing 60 though :D

cheers

rob

i'm by no means an electrician but i would first start by checking the back of the cluster to make sure its plugged in properly. then start looking at fuses (tho i doubt its a fuse as why would the lights come back on?) sounds like a loose connection somewhere

Happened on Kates fuel gauge didnt work rev counter stopped working turned out to be the connection on back of dials as said above enjoy getting the clocks out and try not to lose any screws!!

Happened on Kates fuel gauge didnt work rev counter stopped working turned out to be the connection on back of dials as said above enjoy getting the clocks out and try not to lose any screws!!

Getting the clocks out is very easy, but yeah, I've lost quite a few screws down the inside of the dash!