Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

Water between battery and lights

Done a search to no avail so apologies if this is a common problem and an easy fix!

After washing the 'rado yesterday I popped the bonnet and noticed the area between the battery and the headlights had a pool of water in it. I'm a total n00b to working on cars but I know enough to know its bad! Is this a common problem? or is it just due to me hosing down the front of the car and it won't happen normally or what?

I've got a pic of the water but it doesn't really show, it was about 0.5mm deep?

P24-11-08_1527.jpg

That'll dry out. But, it does look pretty rusty. would be well worthwhile removing the battery, cleaning up the battery tray and repainting it before it rots out.

mate, try taking the battery out and find that lost bolt on the floor.......if you get what im saying lol

Engine Bay = engine stuff. Moving to Exterior i.e bodywork etc.

But he did use the search!

Can we keep him?

Engine Bay = engine stuff. Moving to Exterior i.e bodywork etc.

But he did use the search!

Can we keep him?

hmmm strange

i'd say the water is there from you washing the car.

if it were me i'd probably take battery out, maybe the lights and treat the rust, it will only be surface rust i reckon.

i did all my battery tray area with black hammerite as it never gets seen, its just knowing when to stop thats the problem, you'll be painting the whole bay before you know it :D

mate, try taking the battery out and find that lost bolt on the floor.......if you get what im saying lol

What bolt is this? It's my first Rado so I'm still pretty clueless!

Yeah I'm a long serving member on other Forums, I know just how annoying it is when someone just signs up and posts a thread consisting of "OMGZ! Mai windoes dnt work. Wats wrong?!?!" when a simple search will come up with about 10 fixes.

Cool, The cars not on the road yet so I'll take the battery out and give the tray some attention. Will a sand, rust treatment and cheeky spray do? Suppose it is probably just water coming in around the headlights from the hose.

Another quick question, I've got a Clifford Concept 300. Assuming taking out the battery isn't going to have it going mental or anything? Yet again, a noob with aftermarket alarms :wink:

What bolt is this? It's my first Rado so I'm still pretty clueless!

I can't see anything missing in that pic either?

Yeah I'm a long serving member on other Forums, I know just how annoying it is when someone just signs up and posts a thread consisting of "OMGZ! Mai windoes dnt work. Wats wrong?!?!" when a simple search will come up with about 10 fixes.

:thumbleft: Welcome along. :)

ok, my humour isnt on the same level lol......

what i meant is, as they are common to rust though as the water sits there, you normal get a hole which you can see the floor though......(bolt being the battery holding bolt)

IT WAS A JOKE.......SOWI :salute:

Cool, The cars not on the road yet so I'll take the battery out and give the tray some attention. Will a sand, rust treatment and cheeky spray do? Suppose it is probably just water coming in around the headlights from the hose.

Another quick question, I've got a Clifford Concept 300. Assuming taking out the battery isn't going to have it going mental or anything? Yet again, a noob with aftermarket alarms :wink:

yeah that'll be fine, just good to stop the rust and re protect the area.

i think disconnecting your battery will affect the alarm, i have to reset mine each time, its not a clifford though, so probably best to check some kind of manual