Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

Volkswagen Racing Cup

Morning guys and gals

Anyone ever been involved in the VW Racing Cup series?

The company my brother works for used to sponsor a driver in the BTCC and the Renault cup but that's fallen through now and they are interested in getting some more info on the VW cup and have asked my brother, as a VW nut himself, to find some info out on it.

Thought you lovely people might know something about it, or maybe even participated in it?? Needs info on the people/costs/competition etc to make a sponsorship plan up.

All info appreciated.

Mic

Usually some good reviews on the latest rounds in Volkswagen Driver - perhaps AutoMetrix (the publisher) would be able to point you in the right direction

Cheers Nick, been looking on their website. Very interesting and seems like quite good value for proper racing.... might enter for it myself! lol

Realised I've probably not worded my question too well, think the info he's after is more likely :- Who's good/bad/up and coming etc and what kind of costs other than the entry fees etc so that they can get a reasonable idea of what they want to offer as some form of sponsorship. I'll edit my original question as well.

Andy, I've got my bro to send an email to AutoMetrix now. Cheers. We'll see if he gets a response.

might enter myself!

eeeewwwww!! :pukeright:[/quote:lex0xxfc]

Cheers! :lol:

Now edited

Mic, get them to go to Autosport Show in Jan.. they can see pretty much most series running next year and get a feel for how professional they are, what dates, size of entry list, who they are supporting etc... Plus they will probably get to meet the drivers as well...

I've marshalled at the VW Cup at Oulton Park in February 2007 and 2008, where they support the British GT and F3. An event that gets good crowds of spectators.

Joe Fulbrook in his Bora was finishing in at the top both years. The Caddys get a lot of attention from spectators, nobody expects to come racing and find a white van man on the track. Paul Taylor and his Mk4 R32 is apparently a force to be reckonned with, in 2007 he was running away with the win until suspension failure and crashed into the post I was marshalling at.